Are your locks dry and damaged? If it seems as though there is no hope to restore the lovely locks you once had – fear not! There are many steps you can take to refresh and revitalize your hair. If you follow the following rules of thumb, you will begin to notice the condition of your hair improving dramatically.
1. Stay out of the sun! Sun damage can severely dry out hair, so you should definitely limit your time in direct sunlight. If you must be out in the sun, there are protective hair products which can be applied to protect both your scalp and hair.
2. Watch your water temperature: Water temperatures which are too hot can dry out your hair. Some professionals suggest blasting your head with a shot of cold water at the end of the shower. This will help to keep your scalp from becoming too oily and your hair from drying out.
3. Condition! Many people think that conditioner is largely unnecessary. This isn’t true! Conditioner should be a part of your regular showering regiment. Additionally, if you have dry hair you will want to apply a deep conditioner once or twice per week.
4. Limit the amount of blow-drying and heating products you use on your hair. Using heating products excessively will dry out and damage your hair.
5. Eat healthfully: Drinking 8 cups of water per day in conjunction with a healthy, nutrient-rich diet will keep your hair, nails, and skin looking very healthy!
Check this great homemade moisturizing treatment for your hair: